Question:
Can anyone recommend a pediatrician in NYC who doesn't think that the whole vaccine/autism link is bogus?
2009-02-02 20:32:34 UTC
I am tired of fighting my child's doctor. I don't need someone who is on the DAN list necessarily, but I need someone who isn't HOSTILE to the alternative medical community's treatments and who doesn't automatically write off the whole vaccine/autism thing as being a lie stupid people tell themselves.

This is my child I am talking about; I am asking you in advance to only answer me if you have the answer I'm seeking. I'm not interested in a debate on this topic or being upset even more today than I already am.
Four answers:
beetlemilk
2009-02-03 09:17:21 UTC
Yes, I have a child that was vaccine injured and developed autism from the vaccines. How we found our doc was through our local autism society's chapter, from word of mouth from other parents. We have tried a family practice homeopath, but now we are seeing a 'traditional' pediatrician who respects our views on vaccines. He does give vaccines to most of the practice, but does agree, that had my child been his, he'd thinktwice and wouldn't continue to vaccinate. Good luck!

the integrative pediatrics council lists a few docs in NYC

Dr. Benjamin Kligler MD, MPH

The continuum Center for Health and Healing

New York, New York

646-935-2257

http://www.healthandhealingny.org

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/archive/index.php/f-443.html

that is why we switched from the homeopath-it was out of network. We did see a homeopathic detox doc for 1 year, it cost 3000 but our son improved alot. He stopped getting sick, and he started talking at 4.5-5 yrs. Now at 8 he talks. Dr. Ellis.

I found my initial vax friendly doc from this person, April Oakes, president of TAAP-into the truth! (the autism autoimmunity project). I met her in 2003 at an autism conference, and have corresponded with her through email and phone, she found my doc even though she is based if Fla, and I am in DE. Her daughter Casi, died from vaccines, she was four years old.
Bob
2009-02-04 13:36:47 UTC
I believe that autistic child is either biologically inherited or has their brain altered during development age.

A rare case where a child can be become savant from other causes.

When it all boil down to this, your child can be too young to get injected with mercury (thermsol). We may reject mercury or any other metalic chemical and denied that food contain it but I read that corn syrup contain some mercury especially tuna.

When your child get older, it is likely that the brain can be more resistant to become autistic. When growing beyound developement, it brain likely to reject tibbit trace of metalic chemical.
Cynthia B
2009-02-03 06:38:18 UTC
I certainly understand that you don't want to debate the issue, but there is a problem in that there is absolutely no proof of a tie between autism and vaccinations.

The scientific method is a wonderful thing, testing and proof in blind studies. I'm afraid that some people who became upset when their children were diagnosed with autism were looking for something to blame and vaccines became the answer for them.

So many killer diseases have been nearly eradicated due to vaccinations. Is it really worth risking your baby's health, and possibly life, for an unproven theory?

I apologize for doing what you asked us not to do, but I feel strongly that rumor and superstition are less than helpful when it comes to the health of our children.

The chances of your finding a doctor who will agree with your theory are not good.
blindguy@rocketmail.com
2009-02-03 08:48:30 UTC
No. No doctor is going to endorse that myth. I know many parents waht some kind of magical answer that will somehow "cure" autism. Thre isn't one.

It's sad, really. Instead of working with their children and getting them the help they need, these parents view an autistic child as "damaged goods" they are saddled with and keep demanding soeone "fix" the defective product.

I fthey''d try treating their child as a thinking, feeling human being instead of a car with a flat tire, they might get a better response from the poor kids.